Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. Its main job? Helping out with digestion and nutrient absorption.
But when overproduced, candida can break down the wall of the intestine and penetrate the bloodstream — releasing toxic byproducts into your body and causing leaky gut. This can lead to many different health problems, from digestive issues to depression.
How do you get candida overgrowth?
THE TEST: In the evening, put a clear glass of water by your bed. First thing in the morning, briefly rinse your mouth, swallow, then gather some saliva in your mouth and spit into the glass of water (be sure to spit out saliva, not mucus). Keep an eye on the water for half an hour — especially the first few minutes. If you have candida overgrowth, you will see one or more of the following:
If, within three minutes after spitting into the water, you see “strings” hanging down, cloudy specks showing up in the water, or “debris” sinking to the bottom, you most likely have extensive overgrowth, which will require more candida-fighting action on your part.
If it takes longer than a few minutes for anything to show up, the candida is not as serious. If the saliva just floats on top and the water stays perfectly clear, you most likely don’t have candida
What are common symptoms of candida?
- Skin and nail fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
- Feeling tired and worn down, or suffering from chronic fatigue
- Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, brain fog
- Skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, hives and rashes
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety or depression
- Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
- Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
What to do if you test for Candida?
Antimicrobial Support provides nutrients containing antimicrobial properties; helping to combat bacterial and fungal outbreaks in order to support healthy skin and immune function. Antimicrobial Support contains a proprietary herbal blend of organic or wild-crafted herbs that contain antimicrobial properties in order to support healthy skin and immune function.
Why these herbs?